Guidelines for successful G.A.T.E. students:
· Be creative in your approach.
· Look for quality in all your work.
· Be prepared to share your knowledge or understandings.
· Ask questions when you need to.
· Make suggestions.
· Manage your time well and develop positive work habits – self reliance is important.
· Share your answers – even if you’re not sure.
· Look at each experience as a learning opportunity.
· Strive for understanding and excellence.
· Evaluate your work and your progress.
· Provide honest, thoughtful, constructive feedback.
· Enjoy learning for learning’s sake.
· Assume there is an important reason why your teacher is providing you with certain learning experiences.
· Respect your teachers as they have your best interests at heart, work hard to provide you with valuable learning opportunities and are more experienced than you.
· Always look for the positives – this will help you to enjoy almost any experience more.
· Celebrate your successes
and Encourage others 8>)