Our friend, Elaine ["Her Majesty"] Bliss, came to school to teach us about Digital Story telling. We watched Sasha's digital story called "The Dress", which is about her relationship to Mr Woody's beloved grandmother, Gwendoline Violet Tucker.
Qu. What aspects of her story were effective in drawing us into the story?
Elaine went on to outline for us the important elements of digital story telling. These apply to all our story telling:
1. Point of view - what understanding or realisation are you trying to communicate to your audience?
2. Dramatic question - the hook; something that draws in the audience
3. Emotional Content - love, fear, etc
4. Your Voice - you narrate and you make it personal
5. Economy - these are brief stories with a simple message
6. Personal story, risk taking and emotional safety - we must respect each other
Also, think of the story as a circle or loop - begin somewhere and bring it altogether at the end.
We will use these techniques to create a digital story to explain how we relate to Hamilton.
Everyone's story will be different.