Sunday, September 03, 2006

computer protection!

how do you guys protect your computers from spam, viruses, spyware, etc?
can you please list here all the things you know of that can attack or affect your comuter? and also all the methods you are aware of that you or your family use to protect your computer.
i had norton antivirus, but it used up too many resources and slowed down the computer. now i have bought etrust software which is meant to be better, but its doing some annoying things. my clever computer geek friends told me [after i spent my money] that they use free stuff off the web which works perfectly.
doh!

5 comments:

Sig said...

My mum has set up a thing called cybersafety. I don't know how she set it up but it protects you from bad websites and stuff like that! YAY for cybersafety!

Ernesty said...

I use Addaware SE personal, downloaded from the internet, and spybot. Some of the types of viruses that hit us r: Trojans, rootkits, spyware, keylogger, phishers, bots, andransom viruses?!? (they put a password on a document/file and then ask for money) to name a few.

laffydaffy said...

My family computer uses AVG and it's free but you have to update after a time. We've also got spyware but I don't know how to fix it, help please

Cool pic alyblobber

Henry JOhn. said...

we just use spybot and PC-cillin and Adware!
I don't really know how they work though!

young_veteran said...

we use an anti spam on our email.