Sunday, April 06, 2008

MATHS [non]Homework

to be done at school...you may think about it at home, discuss it, work out what you need to find out to be able to answer it at school, with a partner....
in other words - it's not homework.
well, not really.

At the school swimming sports Roo, Sebtastic, Courtorama and Brainyda completed in the fifty metres freestyle heat.
Roo came first with a time of 40.395 seconds.
Brainyda came second, Courtorama came third and Sebtastic pulled a hammy and came fourth.
In the next heat, Mojo finished with a time 27 hundredths of a second slower than Roo.
What was his time? ____________

And why was Mr Woody not there...?

13 comments:

fred said...

40.422

rosiegal said...

what fred said!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosiegal said...

LOL, I dont know much maths do I!!!! I presume he is right (well I hope he is!!)

the unknown said...

im dumb so ill just say um...............................................................................
ya ill say the answer is:
I think its 0
ya its a big 0

jojo said...

40.665.It is more of a brainteaser then I would have thought!!!!!

He was the timer!!!!!

jojo said...

Oh,and I forgot to say. Mr woody is the timer!!!!!

Snowy said...

i got 40.422
YAY
:)

Candycane said...

After lots of hard thinking, I get the answer 40.665

queenie said...

I think it's 40.422

Log-on said...

i have started a blog on general knowledge most weeks ll update it asks questions about a topic this weeks topic is maths

Marshall said...

for one moment i thought fred, snow girl and queenie are right but, with further calculations, i got the same answer as jojo.

Marshall said...

for one moment i thought fred, snow girl and queenie are right but, with further calculations, i got the same answer as jojo.
P.S if mr woody weren't there, how would he know the time, and how would he know mojo came .... seconds slower than roo?
P.P.S to jojo: how can mr woody be the timer if he wasn't there?

flower kitty said...

I think the answer is 40.665.
And why didn't Mr Woody watch me swim...?
:)